Monday, August 06, 2007

The Market Town as Epic?

Issue 20 of The Dark Horse, which bills itself as 'the Scottish-American poetry magazine' but which I prefer to think of as 'the elegantly designed and consistently interesting, mainly formal poetry magazine', is out now, with two of my poems in it, to my great pride and pleasure. Lots to enjoy: essays on Sorley MacLean, Donald Justice and Michael Longley, reviews of Armitage's Gawain, Muldoon's essays and Carcanet's Anthology of Conteporary Russian Women Poets, and of a verse-novel by David Mason called 'Ludlow' - this last an intriguing prospect, though after a few seconds I discover that the Ludlow in question is in Colorado, so the work is presumably not a late love-child of Housman and Dylan Thomas. Pity, in a way; but that's just my obsession with pastoral for you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home