Sunday, January 24, 2010

Burns Night moved

The Scottish nation will be pleased to learn that I have unilaterally moved Burns Night from the 25th to the 24th of January. I've just eaten my haggis, with neeps, tatties, peas, gravy and whisky sauce, all washed down with the last of my homebrew mild. My stomach hurts (in a bizarre parallel, it may now actually BE a haggis).

The reason for changing the date of this august tuck function is that I'm reading in Leicester tomorrow night so can't do it then. Of course this whole post is just a roundabout way of introducing the reminder:

Leicester Shindig
at The Looking Glass, on the corner of Braunstone Gate and Narborough Road in Leicester
starts 7.30pm


I'm reading with Mark Goodwin and Matt Nunn, and there's an open mic too. Please come – big Rab's shade will bless you, and this is the first of a regular series, so it would be great to get organiser Matt Merritt off to a flier.

1 Comments:

Blogger emmahardy said...

I forgot it was Burns night, I think most people in Scotland did too. Nobody really mentioned it. It was only my lovely PhD supervisor Michael Schmidt who even bothered to give it a passing mention. I went to yoga instead and had a nice bit of fish for my tea. Nobody made me address a haggis, not even at yoga.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home